Friday, March 9, 2012

New Direction


Normally my blogs are based upon excerpts from various courses that I have developed and taught in the past, offered as courses via eMail.  Those blogs were written to entice and encourage you, my audience, to take the courses.

I am about to take the blog into a new territory.  I am an artist, and have been for 20+ years.  At my Metamorphis Arts blog, I write about the art I create. The image below would be a good example of the type of artwork that may be inspired by the future blog topics, in that it is based upon a healing herbal plant, and the healing practices of Indigenous Native healing practices (i.e. sand paintings of the Huichol):

 From the "Queens Series"
The Queens: Echinacea

I have also studied herbalism, nutrition, and alternative healing. This is due to the fact that I am a disabled artist, who was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Immune deficiency disorder, and osteo-arthritis. Most recently, I have learned that I am developing cataracts in my eyes.  The latter is the most frightening, in that I need to see to do my work! 

What I want to do is share my experience, my own expertise in the following areas: 

  •  Herbalism
  • Alternative healing concepts
  • Nutrition
Along with these three, recipes that I have created and gardening tips, experiences and ideas. Gardening and cooking good food are my recreational hobbies. 

These will be covered here in this blog. The art produced due to being inspired by the aforementioned topics, will be shown and discussed at the Metamorphis Arts blog. The “art” will include a short discussion of recipes with photography, once a week. This will be an interesting project to construct…and you get to see it from inception. 

SCHEDULE:
Mondays – “Herb a Month” with information about the herb, applicable recipes using the herb, any other relevant writings
Wednesdays – “Nutrition” this will cover all sorts of things, including: GMOs, Fad diets, Organic vs. non-Organic foods, book reviews, research.
Fridays – “Alternative Healing” will cover pros/cons on methods, information gleaned through my own work, research, suggestions, etc.

AT THE METAMORPHIS ARTS BLOG:
All the artwork created due to what inspires me, and explanation of that process.

Please do subscribe to both blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment